Career Teachers are urgently seeking Teaching Assistants with experience of working with pupils with special educational needs(SEN), especially in North London. These roles are in...
Special Educational Needs Learning Support Assistant Required
To apply for this role you have had previous experience working with Special Needs children or Adults, or have a background in Social Work.
- Supporting students who have Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties
- Working within a Special Educational Needs School in South East
- Full time position
- Elementary school
This position has arisen due to increase in students on the school roll and the opening of an additional class to support this group. All applicants must have recent experience working with children or adults with special educational needs. Personal care (feeding and changing) are component parts of the job but you would not be expected to do this without being given on the job training on the schools best practice procedures. The class consists of five pupils with a broad range of learning and medical needs, all of whom are wheelchair bound. You would be working alongside a very experienced Learning Support Assistant who is very supportive, friendly and hardworking. You will also benefit from the schools exceptional Professional Development and in house training schemes.
Ideal candidate would have
- A proven record of supporting people with a range of needs
- Would have a good understanding of working with students who cannot access the mainstream curriculum
- The ability to prepare and teach effective lessons taking into account the individual needs of learners
- Have a basic understanding of Picture Exchange Communication and Makaton
Why relocate to the UK:
A multi-cultural and diverse city
A million and one things to do
Access to all of Europe
A safe and easy to use public transport system
How we can help you relocate:
- Support setting up a UK bank account and settling into London Life
- Regular social events where you can meet other overseas teachers
- A London travel card with credit!
- UK curriculum training and ongoing support from Career Teacher's highly qualified Training Department
- Excellent rates of pay!
If you would like to apply for this role please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or free phone 1800 796 3126.
Do you hold UK QTS? Did you know that with Career Teachers is fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period? Please ask for further details.
Important Notice: In order to apply for the above position all applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, or eligible to apply for a relevant work visa. Career Teachers are unable to offer a work permit to any applicant or facilitate work permits for any vacancy on behalf of one of its clients. It is Career Teachers policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Agency and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.