KS2 Primary Teacher in Wandsworth
Starting in September this is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and confident KS2 Teacher. Our team in Wandsworth are committed to engaging and inspiring pupils. At Career Teachers, our educationists team pride themselves on their dedication to ensure every child receives a first-class education and achieves their full potential. You will be expected to have knowledge and experience working across key stage 1 and 2 with full-class room responsibilities.
A successful candidate will be adaptable, innovative & passionate about education and always up for a challenge.
As a Primary Teacher you will:
- Plan appropriate and effective lessons ensuring all pupils are learning to the best of their ability. Engaging pupils throughout each class period encouraging them to listen, answer questions and complete set tasks or group work.
- Plan your lessons to meet the national guidance set out by the Curriculum for Excellence.
- Keep up to date with changes and developments to the national teaching curriculum.
- Work with colleagues to plan and coordinate lessons.
- Set up the classroom, organising visual displays and resources.
- Using a mix of resources to enhance pupil's study, motivation, and exploration of the lesson topic.
- Organise school trips, after school clubs, school social activities and sports events.
- Take responsibility for the academic progress of each pupil.
- Consciously set expectations for pupil's discipline and behaviour in the classroom and around the school.
- Challenge and rectify inappropriate behaviour following the school's behaviour policy.
- Create a classroom environment where pupils can work together to achieve their learning goals.
- Encourage pupils to research topics themselves, helping and supporting individual pupils as required.
- Setting assignments, projects and tests, carrying out continuous assessment, marking pupil's work and writing reports
- Carry out administrative work, including keeping a register of pupils, updating records, and writing reports.
- Set and mark homework re-coding completion and individual pupil progress.
- Participate in training and development sessions at the school, partner schools or other training organisations.
- Liaise with parents, senior leaders and external bodies concerning progress, behaviour, child protection and health.
Qualifications and Requirements
All the below requirements are essential for this position:
- 5 GCSEs at grades 9 to 4 (A* to C), or equivalent, including English, Math's and Science
- An Undergraduate Education Degree Or a degree in any subject and a Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) or Professional Graduate Diploma in Education (PGDE - Scotland)
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
- Previous in-school teaching experience within key stage 1.
- Degree in early years education
- Any specialist CPD Training
- Fluent level of English, both spoken and written.
To Apply please respond to the advert with updated CV or alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org. Position offered subject to referencing and updated enhanced DBS.
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
All quoted rates are inclusive of 12.07% holiday pay.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.
your application has been submitted