Position: English Teacher
Salary: £120 - £195 per day
Career Teachers are looking to recruit a teacher of English for a local secondary school in the Bury area. The position is due to begin in January 2022 and is offered on a full-time, permanent basis.
The role will involve teaching English at both KS3 & KS4 and previous experience teaching at both levels is a requirement. You will be passionate and enthusiastic about your chosen subject and be able to bring the subject alive by developing and delivering exceptional lessons to engage the pupils within your classes.
- 1. Plan and prepare course and lessons at key stage 3 and 4 English.
- 2. Teach according to pupils special educational needs.
- 3. Regularly set, mark and record work for all pupils, according to the school English syllabus.
- 4. Maintain discipline and a safe working environment for pupils, observing all LA and school guidelines with regard to the welfare, health and safety of pupils.
- 5. Implement process of assessment, recording and reporting on the development, progress and attainments of pupils taught.
- 6. Mark examination papers as and when required.
- 7. Maintain an up-to-date professional knowledge of developments within his/her subject area, reviewing from time to time methods of teaching and programmes of work.
- 8. Participate in arrangements for his/her further training and professional development as a teacher, where appropriate.
- 9. Participate in arrangements for cover for absent colleagues in emergencies, and if absent yourself, provide work for classes affected.
- * To manage the department stock, teaching resources and finances efficiently and to obtain best value for money.
- * To provide helpful and accurate responses to parent/carer enquiries.
If you are looking for your next long-term role teaching English within the Bury area, get in touch today.
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
All quoted rates are inclusive of 12.07% holiday pay.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.
your application has been submitted