Are you seeking a future career in teaching?
Career Teachers are looking to recruit Cover Supervisors to work within a cluster of Secondary Schools within the Birmingham area.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced cover supervisor or Teaching Assistant (TA), Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA), Sports Coach or Youth Worker. If you are looking for a future career in teaching, this is a fantastic opportunity to gain valuable experience within the classroom.
As a cover supervisor, you will be required to deliver high-quality pre-planned lessons to pupils aged 11 to 16 years (Key stage 3 and 4). You will have the flexibility to work when you want during term-time with full and part-time work available.
As a cover supervisor you will:
- Supervise and lead classes in the absence of teaching staff, ensuring pupils safety and ability to access learning activities and understand the information presented.
- Encourage pupils to interact within the class and engage in activities throughout the lesson.
- Promote self-esteem and independence.
- Create and maintain a purposeful, orderly, and supportive environment
- Provide detailed feedback to Teachers on pupil's achievement, progress and any problems that arise.
- Promote good pupil behaviour, dealing promptly with conflict and incidents in line with established policies, encouraging pupils to take responsibility for their behaviour.
- Uphold policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security, confidentiality, and data protection, reporting all concerns to the appropriate person.
To be considered for this role, you will have:
- Degree level qualification or Higher-level Teaching Assistant qualification
- A minimum of 6 months experience as a cover supervisor or teaching support experience with children within the age range of 11 to 16 years (Key stage 3 and 4)
- You will ideally hold or be willing to undertake an enhanced DBS check on the update service
- Able to provide a minimum of 2 x reference to cover the last 2 x years of your employment and / or academic history.
This is an excellent opportunity to make a real difference in children's education. Your commitment to developing pupil learning ability and knowledge accessibility will make you an ideal fit for this role. Apply today by sending your CV through to Stacey Grubham or contact me to discuss further
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
All quoted rates are inclusive of 12.07% holiday pay.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.
your application has been submitted