Career Teachers have an exciting opportunity for an experienced cover supervisor to work within a secondary school based in South Birmingham to start immediately.
You will be working within an Outstanding Ofsted rated secondary school who pride themselves on their dedication to promoting a positive and inspiring framework where achievements are recognised and celebrated. Our school are seeking a motivational and engaging cover supervisor to join their hard-working and supportive cover team to ensure the delivery of high-quality teaching and learning across the school. You will be passionate about improving outcomes for young people and be a positive role model.
As a cover supervisor you will:
- Deliver high-quality pre-planned lessons to pupils aged 11 to 16 (key stage 3 and 4)
- Supervise and lead classes in the absence of teaching staff, ensuring pupils safety and ability to access learning activities and understand the information presented.
- Encourage pupils to interact within the class and engage in activities throughout the lesson.
- Promote self-esteem and independence.
- Create and maintain a purposeful, orderly, and supportive environment
- Provide detailed feedback to Teachers on pupil's achievement, progress and any problems that arise.
- Promote good pupil behaviour, dealing promptly with conflict and incidents in line with established policies, encouraging pupils to take responsibility for their behaviour.
- Uphold policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security, confidentiality, and data protection, reporting all concerns to the appropriate person.
To be successful for this role, you must:
- Hold a minimum of Degree level qualification or higher-level teaching assistant qualification.
- Have a minimum of 6 months recent experience working in a cover supervisor or teaching assistant role within a secondary school setting.
- Right to work in the UK.
- Hold an enhanced child workforce DBS check on the update service or be willing to undertake a new one.
- Have up-to-date safeguarding training; Career Teachers offer FREE online Safeguarding training
- Provide a full 10-year career history and references to cover the last 2 years including current and previous employers.
Why Join Career Teachers:
- Free CPD
- Access to Skills Network
- Refer a friend scheme.
- Recognition programme
- Access to discount and cashback platform Affinity Extra
Don't miss out on this opportunity
Apply now by sending your CV through to Stacey directly or contact me to discuss further
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
All quoted rates are inclusive of 12.07% holiday pay.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.
your application has been submitted