Are you a student or recent graduate and considering teaching as a potential career?
If so, cover supervising could be the right job for you. There has been more Cover Supervising opportunities that have appeared within the Leeds area during the last academic year and are expecting that trend to continue this year.
What are the daily duties of a cover supervisor?
- Supervising and overseeing work that has been set in advance of your arrival at the school
- Keeping on top of the behavior of pupils whilst they are completing their work and trying to ensure that they work in a constructive environment
- Helping the students where you can with their work. You don't have to be a subject expert in everything, but if you can impart valuable knowledge then you should
- Dealing with any immediate problems or emergencies in the classroom through applying the school policy
- Rounding up the completed work after the lesson and making sure it is safely returned to the right person in school
- Monitoring behaviour in the class; using the school behaviour policy where appropriate and if there is anything to report referring this back at the end of the day - all done hopefully in accordance with the school policy.
A successful Cover Supervisor would need to be confident, super organised and have excellent classroom management - or the potential to develop them. Additionally, you will need to have enthusiastic and passionate persona, and have a very positive attitude.
The positions tend to cover last minute absence at school's, and due to this nature of the work you will need to be happy to receive early morning calls for work on that day - flexibility is key! You will be able to show a firm commitment to work in schools that require emergency cover. Therefore it is essential that your time keeping is excellent and that you are diligent and trustworthy as a person.
If this sounds like the job for you, I would love to hear from you, so apply right away and we can commence your registration with Career Teachers.
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
All quoted rates are inclusive of 12.07% holiday pay.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.
your application has been submitted