Career Teachers have an exciting new opportunity for an experienced 1:1 SEND Teaching Assistant to join the staff team at an Independent SEND School based in Birmingham starting September 2022. The provision specialises in teaching secondary aged students and young adults aged 14- 25 with low behavioural ASD, ADHD, and complex associated needs.
This is an exciting opportunity for a proactive and energetic SEND Teaching Assistant (TA) to join the teaching faculty at an Ofsted rated Good School in Birmingham. Providing you with the chance to work under the guidance of teaching staff, undertaking support programmes that enable access to learning for all pupils. You will be working within an inclusive and progressive learning environment within a dedicated staff team who strive to be a beacon of support, whilst developing innovative learning schemes to increase the academic and vocational potential of every student. This is a part-time post, 20 hours per week to start September 2022.
You will be responsible for providing learning support to individuals and groups while supporting teaching staff. You will be supporting pupils aged 14 to 25 years who may be non-verbal and have complex needs.
You will be combining your knowledge of learning support and teaching techniques with your compassion and understanding of learning needs, to support pupils in education career and Teachers in their duties.
- Hold a relevant 3 qualification as a minimum such as Level 3 Award in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools or Level 3 Certificate Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools or Level 3 Diploma in Specialist Support for Teaching and Learning in Schools
- Previous teaching support experience with children and young adults within the age range of 14- 25
- A calm and positive attitude
- Have a passion for supporting and nurturing students
- A strong desire to inspire and support young people
- Able to build strong relationships with both students and staff
- You will ideally hold or be willing to undertake an enhanced DBS check on the update service
- Able to provide a minimum of 2 x references to cover the last 2 years of your employment and / or academic history
By registering with Career Teachers, you will be offered:
- Regular work including daily and long-term supply, and permanent
- Competitive rates of pay
- Weekly pay
- 3 step online registration process including online face-to-face interview registration
- Candidate of the term recognition and reward
- Professional support from our team of experienced consultants.
- Opportunities to progress your career.
- Access to our FREE CPD courses including safeguarding and team teach training
- Plus, recommend a friend who's looking for a new role and we'll thank you with £200 of Love2Shop vouchers
Don't miss out on this opportunity Apply now by sending your CV through to Stacey directly or contact me to discuss further on 0121 633 4698
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
All quoted rates are inclusive of 12.07% holiday pay.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.
your application has been submitted