The successful candidate for this Graduate Cover Supervisor role will be an excellent communicator, who feels comfortable interacting with people of all ages. This person...
* Cover Supervisor
* Do you live in or near to Lewisham and have classroom experience?
* Opportunities for graduates and/or well trained professionals
* Flexible working, daily supply, great rates of pay
Experienced Cover Supervisors or new entrants to the profession are required to cover in a range of secondary schools in Lewisham . Ideally you will have some knowledge of or experience of working in a school environment and in a classroom setting. If you have an interest in entering the teaching profession, have a positive demeanour with a can do attitude then cover supervisor positions with provide you with the perfect platform. You will need to be able to quickly build rapport with students, have good strategies to control behaviour and willing to cover a range of subjects.
You will be required to do the following:
* Supervise students in a classroom setting while providing a safe and stable environment.
* Students work is set and will be provided; it is your responsibility is to ensure that students are focused and remain on task.
* You will have the opportunity to work on a day to day basis in a range of secondary schools in your local area.
* You will need to demonstrate experience of either working in a school as a Cover Supervisor or provide evidence of working with students/teenagers in a community setting.
* You will need to demonstrate how you would hold a presence in the classroom in order to manage the students' behaviour.
* You must be able to follow instruction and also follow the school's policies and remain consistent with them. Our schools require someone with good references and experience in a secondary school environment because they are looking to take someone on who can hit the ground running. The ideal candidate will be someone who is looking to perhaps undertake a GTP or Teach First program. If you are an experienced Cover Supervisor or are looking for the next step into teaching, please email us your CV today.
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.