An 'Outstanding' Secondary school in Tower Hamlets, East London is seeking an experienced or newly qualified Female PE Teacher for a position starting in April...
Are you a HLTA or have experience in a support role in schools?
Are you looking to gain more experience in schools and to make those next steps towards a teaching Career?
If so Career Teachers are recruiting for Cover Supervisors to work in Secondary Schools in Lewisham.
Cover Supervisor - what the role offers you:
- The opportunity to take a step closer to your teaching Career Teacher
- Great opportunity to gain experience in secondary schools in South East London
- Network with local schools
- Build on you experience
- Flexible working, daily supply
- If you have a specialist subject area; degree in English, PE, Maths, gain the opportunity to use your subject knowledge and support a department.
- Regular local work
- ASAP start
Ideally you will have some knowledge of or experience of working in a school environment or in an educational setting with young people. This is an ideal role for a HLTA.
Although this work is of a temporary and of a peripatetic nature, you will be kept local to schools and give you have consistent work in the same schools and academies. This will allow you build that rapport and good classroom management with students.
This is such a great opportunity to see how different schools work in your local borough and to support your local schools.
You will be required to do the following;
- Supervise students in a classroom setting providing stability and a safe, positive classroom environment
- Work is set it is your responsibility is to ensure that students are focused and remain on task.
- You will be working in different secondary schools in your local area so you will need to be flexible to travel to different schools .
- You will need to hold a presence in the classroom to manage the student's behaviour.
- You will be consistent in following school policies on behaviour management.
- You must also be able to follow instruction and the work set by the Head of Department or class teachers
- You will be flexible to move cover across the different subject areas.
Skills important to the role:
- To be resilient.
- To have a positive attitude.
- Ability to keep students focused and to remain on task
- To have high standards and expectations.
- To be mind full
- To have awareness around school of what is happening
You will have a genuine passion to support pupil's learning and development; you will have a firm but fair approach and be someone who is looking for a challenge!
Make a difference and apply for this role today!
Career Teachers also provide support and training and regularly run a 'Cover Supervisor' Course with Tips on becoming an effective Cover Supervisor. Please ask for further details
You will also have a dedicated experienced consultant for Lewisham who will support you in your search for work.
Apply today with your CV application to Lois Grady to be considered for this role.
Registration will involve meeting your Career Teachers Consultant, collating relevant documents and processing your file.
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.