The role of the SENCO is to ensure that the setting actively promote inclusive practice and supports children who have Special Educational Needs and Disabilities
The SENCO has day-to-day responsibility for implementing the setting's Inclusion or SEND policy and to work closely with others and parents to support children with SEND.
The role of the SENCO is to:
- Promote an ethos of inclusive practice within the setting
- Support staff to uphold the setting ethos and approach to children with additional needs
- Support setting manager/leader to ensure the setting provides inclusive EY provision
- Ensure early identification and intervention is implemented across the school
- Talk to, advise and support practitioners who are concerned about a child
- Ensure that relevant background information about individual children is collected, recorded and up-dated, and that all written records are completed
- Support staff to do additional observation and assessment of children's learning and development and ensure differentiated planning to meet that child's needs. Support key person to identify smart targets and implement interventions.
- Support key person to complete Individual Education Plans (IEP's) in partnership with parents
- Complete additional paperwork and referral forms supported by key person
- Ensure that all practitioners work closely with parents/carers at all stages
- Liaise with other professionals, including those from outside agencies
- Arrange reviews meetings with parents and other professionals
- Work closely with the manager to ensure environment is tailored to the children's individual needs
- Follow all confidentiality and data protection rights
If you think this role is for you - please get in contact. You can email me at email@example.com.
This role is covering long term sickness and will be 2 - 3 days per week.
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
All quoted rates are inclusive of 12.07% holiday pay.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.
your application has been submitted