EY Teaching Assistant
Starting ASAP, this exciting opportunity for a proactive and energetic Teaching Assistant (TA) to join the teaching faculty at a primary school in the borough of Hounslow that is part of a large through academy. The school provides the chance to work under the guidance of teaching staff, undertaking support programmes that enable access to learning for all pupils. The role is specialising in phonics.
As a Teaching Assistant (TA) you will be responsible for providing learning support to individuals and groups while supporting teaching staff.
You will be working closely with class Teachers to plan the lesson and create innovative ways to ensure a supportive, creative learning environment where pupils can expand their knowledge and play a positive role in school life.
As a Teaching Assistant (TA) you will have:
- Experience in supporting pupils in a classroom environment, including those with Special Educational Needs (SEN) and Additional Learning Needs (ALN).
- A good understanding of the national Key Stage Curriculum.
- Sound understanding of child development and learning.
- The ability to demonstrate active listening skills and strong verbal communication skills.
- A dedication to establishing positive relationships with pupils and understanding their needs.
- The ability to provide varying levels of individual attention, reassurance and support with learning tasks as appropriate to pupils' needs.
- Willingness and ability to adapt to a wide range of duties in response to changing circumstances.
- The ability to monitor a pupil's response to learning activities and modify or adapt the activities to achieve the intended learning outcomes.
- The confidence to self-evaluate learning needs and actively seek new teaching methods.
- The ability to provide constructive feedback to pupils in a way that reinforces self-esteem.
- The ability to handle complex and sensitive issues with empathy and understanding.
- Ability to work effectively and supportively as a member of the college team.
- Level 2 Award in Support Work in Schools
- Level 2 Award in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools. (Induction Training for Teaching Assistants & Support Staff).
- Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
- Level 3 Award in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
- Level 3 Certificate Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
- Level 3 Diploma in Specialist Support for Teaching and Learning in Schools
- Fluent level of English, both spoken and written.
- Degree educated looking to progress into teaching
If you are looking for a role as a Teaching Assistant (TA) where you can use exciting and engaging teaching skills to enhance a child's learning experience, this is the perfect Teaching Assistant role for you. Apply today.
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
All quoted rates are inclusive of 12.07% holiday pay.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.
your application has been submitted