Career Teachers are looking for a highly experienced and passionate Teaching Assistant, with SEN experience, to work at a Primary School in Southwark.
- Mainstream Primary School
- 5 days per week
- 1:1 support with a boy in Reception class
We are looking for someone with experience in supporting children who have SEND on a 1:1 basis.
The position is based, working directly with a child within Early Years who has SEND and requires some additional support in their learning and development.
You will be working closely with the Class Teacher, parents and the other SEN staff within this Mainstream Primary School, to develop the most appropriate lessons, learning activities and play, to ensure the child has the best possible opportunity to access to curriculum and develop within their learning.
You will have a very close working relationship with the child, so it is very important that you are calm, patient and have a sense of humour. The child will form an attachment to you, and for this reason, is it important that you are able to be committed and consistent as change can be unsettling for them.
- An experienced Teaching Assistant, who has previously worked in either an SEN or Mainstream Primary setting
- Knowledge and experience of working with children who have a range of SEN
- Calm, patient and kind in your approach
- Excellent communication skills to effectively build relationships with the child, Teacher, parents and SENCO
- Available to commit on a full time basis, until at least the end of December 2021, but ideally for the full academic year
The Primary School is based within the borough of Southwark, with excellent transport links and parking available. They are a hardworking and friendly team, who will quickly make you feel welcome.
Salary for this role will range from £70 to £90 per day, depending on your experience.
Please apply for this position with an up to date CV, outlining your previous experience as an SEN Teaching Assistant, and we will be in touch.
- Teaching Assistant - Learning Support Assistant - LSA - SEN TA -
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
All quoted rates are inclusive of 12.07% holiday pay.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.
your application has been submitted