Starting in January, this is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and confident Key Stage 1 Primary Teacher. This primary teaching position an Ofsted rated good Primary school in Andover, will provide boundless opportunities to use creative, interactive and engaging teaching methods that encourage pupils to participate in classroom activities actively and develop cognitive, numerical and verbal reasoning skills.
Leading by example, working closely with colleagues to plan the school's work and with parents to ensure a supportive learning environment both at home and at school, you will be helping the children in your class expand their knowledge and play a positive role in school life.
To be a good fit for a Key Stage 2 Primary Teacher role you will need to be:
- Positive and outgoing.
- Supportive and understanding.
- Trustworthy and ethical.
- Motivational and engaging.
- Energetic and enthusiastic.
- Assertive and confident.
- Empathetic and compassionate
As a Primary Teacher you will:
- Plan appropriate and effective lessons ensuring all pupils are learning to the best of their ability. Engaging pupils throughout each class period encouraging them to listen, answer questions and complete set tasks or group work.
- Plan your lessons to meet the national guidance set out by the Curriculum for Excellence.
- Keep up to date with changes and developments to the national teaching curriculum.
- Work with colleagues to plan and coordinate lessons.
- Set up the classroom, organising visual displays and resources.
- Using a mix of resources to enhance pupil's study, motivation, and exploration of the lesson topic.
- Teach whole-class lessons, work with small groups and run practical activities using various learning and teaching strategies appropriate for pupils, lesson topic and objectives.
Motivate your class with enthusiastic and creative schemes of work using different methods of teaching, including group work, whole-class work, demonstrations, experiments and play.
- Direct the work of learning support and Teaching Assistants (TAs).
- Provide a safe and healthy environment following safeguarding procedures.
- Attend meetings, parent's evenings and teacher training programmes.
- Organise school trips, after school clubs, school social activities and sports events.
- Take responsibility for the academic progress of each pupil.
- Consciously set expectations for pupils' discipline and behaviour in the classroom and around the school.
- Challenge and rectify inappropriate behaviour following the school's behaviour policy.
- Create a classroom environment where pupils can work together to achieve their learning goals.
- Encourage pupils to research topics themselves, helping and supporting individual pupils as required.
- Setting assignments, projects, and tests, carrying out continuous assessment, marking pupils' work and writing reports
If you are looking for a teaching role that promotes the application of exciting and engaging teaching skills to enhance a child's learning experience in their formative years, this is the perfect Primary Teacher role for you. Apply today.
Please call Chris Caulfeild-Browne on 01329 552797 send your CV to email@example.com without delay.
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
All quoted rates are inclusive of 12.07% holiday pay.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.
your application has been submitted