Are you a motivated and enthusiastic person who is passionate about improving the lives of young people with disabilities? Do you have a Level 2 qualification in British Sign Language (BSL) - or higher?
If this sounds like you, please get in touch with your CV today!
An SEND school for pupils who have complex physical, medical and learning difficulties. Based in North West London they use an innovative approach to educate pupils with a range of cognitive, physical and medical needs (11 to 19 years) in a unique environment.
The school's aim is for their pupils to become confident, independent and motivated members of the community. They are currently seeking a teaching assistants with BSL Level 2 or higher qualifications to work with students with hearing impairment to help them achieve.
The job includes working closely with the teacher to assist in the planning, development and delivery of the curriculum; promoting active learning; organising and maintaining school equipment; supporting a positive learning environment for pupils and assisting pupils with their personal care.
The school are looking for someone who:
- Must have significant experience of working with children or adults with complex and profound additional needs
- Must have BSL qualification and be confident in communicating with families with BSL as a first language
- Is hard working and committed to work across the age range
- Is numerate, literate and have a good command of spoken English so that you can support pupils in classroom
- Has a good general standard of education (5 GCSEs equivalent, including English and Mathematics at A* to C or Functional Skills Level 2 maths and English)
Apply today and stand out for all the traits that make you a great fit.
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
All quoted rates are inclusive of 12.07% holiday pay.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.
your application has been submitted