Nursery Room Manager
Career Teachers are recruiting for a Nursery Room Manager to work within a Private Day Nursery in Duffield. This position is based on full time hours.
As a Room Manager, you will be working full time (42.5 hours per week) whilst role modelling your knowledge and best practice to colleagues and ensuring that the children have the best start in life.
The nursery is just off the A6, with great road links to the A38, A50, M1 and other major arterial routes. There's a bus stop at the end of the road serving Derby and Belper and Duffield Railway Station is just a 5-minute walk away. The nursery has recently been rated Good by OFSTED. The cozy nursery is full of charm and character, nestled in a sleepy street in the picturesque village of Duffield, Derbyshire and situated in a old school building,
Qualifications & Experience:
- NNEB or BTEC Nat Dip or CACHE Dip in Childcare or NVQ level 3 or SVQ (or other recognised childcare level 3 qualification as per government guidelines).
- 2 years previous experience working and caring for children under 5, ideally within an early year setting.
- Passion to deliver high quality childcare and exciting learning opportunities.
Key Responsibilities & Duties:
- As a Room Manager you have overall responsibility for your room and staff within it, ensuring they are performing to the highest standard.
- As a keyworker, you will ensure every individual child's needs are met, including supporting parents with any SEND/ASL needs.
- Prioritise the safeguarding of children.
- Speak up against practices that don't support safeguarding or our core values.
- Attend parents evening, recruitment/open day events and relevant training sessions.
- Organise and attend training and room meetings to ensure you and your team are always up to date with curriculums/programme requirements within the nursery.
- Build close relationships with parents and carers and report daily on their child's time at Nursery.
- Take ownership of the observation, assessments, and planning for your key children in line with EYFS and provide developmentally challenging next steps.
- Remain up to date with our childcare policies and procedures.
- Be a key player to ensure the nursery receives excellent outcomes in internal audits and those of external authorities such as Ofsted, CI and CIW.
- Maintain staff to child ratios.
- Ensure we encourage and praise children's development and achievements.
This position offers a salary between £17,860 to £18,179.60 per annum dependent on experience.
Should you wish to discuss this position in more detail, call Career Teachers on 01332 291723.
Apply today to commence the registration process with Career Teachers.
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
All quoted rates are inclusive of 12.07% holiday pay.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.
your application has been submitted