Career Teachers are currently working with several successful secondary schools in Burton who are requiring Cover Supervisors to work with them on a daily and ongoing basis to start as soon as possible.
Positions can vary from daily cover or long-term, all dependant on your preferences. We want to hear from you if you are a well-presented, professional, flexible, and resourceful person interested in working as a cover supervisor, and you are looking for flexibility and varied work.
Cover supervisors are crucial to secondary schools as they help to provide temporary classroom cover for the absent teacher and are available to work on an ad-hoc daily basis or for fixed periods of time. Therefore, flexibility is essential.
Using a mix of resources to inspire pupil's understanding, motivation, and investigation of the lesson topic, you will ensure they get the knowledge, skills and attributes they need to achieve their learning objectives.
As a Cover Supervisor you will have:
- Experience in supporting pupils in a classroom environment, including those with Special Educational Needs (SEN) and Additional Learning Needs (ALN).
- A good understanding of the national Key Stage Curriculum.
- Sound understanding of child development and learning.
- An ability to build a good working rapport with students and staff
- The ability to demonstrate active listening skills and strong verbal communication skills.
- A dedication to establishing positive relationships with pupils and understanding their needs.
- The ability to provide varying levels of individual attention, reassurance, and support with learning tasks as appropriate to pupils' needs.
- A drive towards excellence in teaching and learning
- Willingness and ability to adapt to a wide range of duties in response to changing circumstances.
- The ability to monitor a pupil's response to learning activities and modify or adapt the activities to achieve the intended learning outcomes.
- The confidence to self-evaluate learning needs and actively seek new teaching methods.
- The ability to provide constructive feedback to pupils in a way that reinforces self-esteem.
- The ability to handle complex and sensitive issues with empathy and understanding.
- Ability to work effectively and supportively as a member of the college team.
- Demonstrable commitment to equal opportunities.
- An interest in continuing your personal and professional development.
This is an excellent opportunity to support the pupils in a variety of different secondary schools. You will be given the chance to build upon your teaching support skills, whilst gaining extraordinary experience in a wide range of teaching methods, aids and approaches that bring out the best in each pupil.
Apply today or call Ben Moses on 01332 291723.
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
All quoted rates are inclusive of 12.07% holiday pay.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.
your application has been submitted