Starting as soon as possible, this exciting opportunity for TWO proactive and energetic Support Workers with behavioural management experience to join the team at an SEND day centre for young adults with severe Autism and challenging behaviour in Hillingdon.
This role will provide you with the chance to work under the guidance of SEN trained staff, undertaking support programmes that enable access to learning for all pupils in an inclusive and progressive environment.
- Experience in supporting pupils in a classroom environment, including those with Special Educational Needs (SEN) and Additional Learning Needs (ALN).
- The ability to provide varying levels of individual attention, reassurance and support with learning tasks as appropriate to pupil's needs.
- Willingness and ability to adapt to a wide range of duties in response to changing circumstances.
- The ability to handle complex and sensitive issues with empathy and understanding
This is the ideal opportunity if you are looking for a learning support position that will challenge you to utilise your knowledge, communication skills and creativity to develop varied approaches that help pupils understand the information presented.
Using a mix of resources to inspire pupil's understanding, motivation and investigation of the lesson topic, you will ensure they get the knowledge, skills and attributes they need to achieve their learning objectives.
- Establish trusting relationships with pupils and interact with them according to individual needs and personalities.
- Actively promote the inclusion and acceptance of pupils and staff, supporting diversity and ensuring all pupils have equal access to opportunities for learning and development.
- Promote good pupil behaviour, dealing promptly with conflict and incidents in line with established policies, encouraging pupils to take responsibility for their behaviour.
- Create and maintain a purposeful, orderly and supportive environment and assist with the display of pupil's work.
With your knowledge and experience of supporting children, some with Special Educational Needs (SEN) and Additional Learning Needs (ALN) and some without, you will be an asset.
If this is something that sounds suitable for you, please apply now!
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
All quoted rates are inclusive of 12.07% holiday pay.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.
your application has been submitted