An amazing SEN school in Uxbridge, Hillingdon is looking to recruit an Behaviour Mentor to work 1 to 1 with children in KS3 - 6th form with Challenging Behaviour starting 8th September 2021!!
Providing you with the chance to work under the guidance of teaching staff, undertaking support programmes that enable access to learning for all pupils, this exciting opportunity is for a proactive and energetic mentor to join the teaching faculty in an all through school setting.
As a Behaviour mentor at this SEND school in Hillingdon, you will be responsible for providing learning support to individuals and groups while supporting teaching staff.
You will be supporting pupils aged 5 to 16 years, using a mix of resources to inspire pupil's understanding, motivation and investigation of the lesson topic, you will ensure they get the knowledge, skills and attributes they need to achieve their learning objectives.
As a Behaviour Mentor you will:
- Supervise and provide support for all pupils, ensuring their safety and ability to access learning activities and understand the information presented.
- Assist with the development and implementation of individual education and behaviour plans.
- Establish trusting relationships with pupils and interact with them according to individual needs and personalities.
- Actively promote the inclusion and acceptance of pupils and staff, supporting diversity and ensuring all pupils have equal access to opportunities for learning and development.
- Encourage pupils to interact with the class and engage in activities throughout the lesson.
- Set challenging expectations for pupils to exceed their expectations and achieve learning goals.
- Promote self-esteem and independence.
Please note - Previous teaching support experience with children with additional needs is essential to be considered for this role.
If you are looking for a role as a Behaviour Mentor where you can use exciting and engaging teaching skills to enhance a child's learning experience, this is the perfect Behaviour Mentor role for you.
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
All quoted rates are inclusive of 12.07% holiday pay.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.
your application has been submitted