A 'Good' secondary school in Watford is seeking a fully qualified Teacher who has taught SEND pupils previously for a position starting in May.SEND Secondary...
SEN (ASD) Teacher - Southwark
- £130+ per day (dependent on experience)
- ASD Teacher for September 2019 start
Do you dream of using your experience working with special needs in a new school environment?
Career Teachers are recruiting for a fantastic SEN school in Southwark, for two SEN Teacher roles on a long term basis, starting in September. Our school provides quality education for children with a variety of needs and difficulties, including autistic spectrum disorders (ASD).
SEN School - Southwark
The school support the development of children with Autism (ASD), and related special needs, as well as aspects of challenging behaviour. Our school works effectively with all members of its community to provide a safe, secure and nurturing environment, meeting the individual pastoral and academic needs of all pupils; they promote full inclusion and encourage everyone to reach their full potential.
Person Specification - ASD Teacher - Southwark
The successful SEN Teacher will:
- Be proactive and engaging;
- Plan and prepare learning opportunities tailored to the individual needs of each child;
- Provide effective teaching to children with different special educational needs;
- Be adaptable when meeting the each pupils' needs;
- Have previous teaching experience (not necessarily in a specific SEN setting);
- Have a clear and adaptable approach to teaching & a calm and consistent manner;
- Be approachable to all pupils and act as a positive behavioural role model;
- Forge positive working relationships with pupils, parents and staff.
You will have Qualified Teacher Status (QTS), after completing a PGCE, Graduate Teaching Program (GTP), Bachelor of Education (B.Ed), QTLS or equivalent overseas teaching qualification.
You are subject to references and an up to date DBS with update service or be willing to apply for a brand new DBS through Career Teachers.
About the Role - ASD Teacher
As an SEN Teacher you will be leading a class of young pupils, with between 6 - 10 pupils, and up to 4 other staff. Pupils in the class will have range of special needs, including Autism (ASD). These are full time, long term SEN Teacher positions, with competitive pay rates, starting at £130 per day, reflecting experience and workload.
At Career Teachers we offer all teachers:
- Your personal online lounge where you can update your availability for work;
- Competitive rates of pay.
- Professional support from our expert team of consultants.
- Continued support through all placements via a dedicated consultant
- Free in person CPD courses.
If you think you have what it takes to succeed in this or similar roles, or for further information and to begin registration, please apply today, or visit our website www.careerteachers.co.uk
Plus, recommend a friend who's looking for a new teaching or support role and we will thank you with Amazon Vouchers: £250 for every Teacher and £75 for every Teaching Assistant that registers and works for 10 days.
To find similar roles and register for more unrivalled teaching opportunities, apply now or visit Career Teachers.
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.