Graduate Teaching Assistant/Learning Support Assistant- Merton
Are you a recent graduate with an interest in developing your experience in working with students with additional needs? Do you have relevant experience or an interest in working with students with Learning Difficulties, Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), Social, Emotional or Mental Health (SEMH) needs?
Are you hoping to go on to become a Teacher, Educational Psychologist, Speech and Language Therapist or work in clinical Psychology? Would some experience in working with the individuals who utilise these services boost your Graduate applications?
We require a number of Graduate Teaching Assistants for a primary school in Merton which caters for students with learning difficulties. Interviews are taking place virtually as applications come in, so apply NOW.
- £70-90 per day
- A patient and understanding approach
- An interest in working with students with SEND
- Be flexible in your approach
- Existing DBS check on the update service- NEW DBS CHECKS CAN BE APPLIED FOR
- Existing experience working with children or adults with SEND advantageous, but not required
- Assist and support with the development and learning of students within the school
- Provide 1:1 and general support to students according to requirements for the day
- Work alongside other teaching and support staff to ensure a safe and productive work environment is maintained
- Be responsible for ensuring school policies are upheld including behaviour policies
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
All quoted rates are inclusive of 12.07% holiday pay.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.
your application has been submitted