I am working with a Primary School in Sutton who are looking for a part time Teacher for their Hearing Impaired Base.
The school need a successful candidate to start in April 2021.
The school in based in Sutton with good transport links from Sutton mainlines and also Morden (Northern line) There are also several buses which make an easy commute from most areas of South London. Parking is also available.
The successful candidates must have British Sign Language Qualifications and also hold QTS so that they can sign to the children and support them in class. You will need to have previous classroom based experience with a mainstream or SEND setting. BSL qualifications and experience is crucial.
The school is looking for an individual who is proactive, enthusiastic and who wants to make a difference in childrens lives. You will need to demonstrate these behaviours on a daily basis and become fully immersed in the life of the school.
- £195- £230 per day based on experience
- April start
- A patient and understanding approach
- An interest in working with students with BSL
- Be flexible in your approach
- Existing DBS check on the update service
- Existing experience working with children or adults with BSL
- To be successful in your application you must have a natural approach to teaching, inspiring young learners and maintaining high expectations in regards to attainment and personal development of all students.
- You must be confident in planning, preparation and delivery across the Primary and SEND curriculum.
- A PGCE of equivalent qualification and hold QTS
- You must be able to provide sufficient references
- Assist and support with the development and learning of students within the school
- Provide 1:1 and general support to students according to requirements for the day
- Work alongside other teaching and support staff to ensure a safe and productive work environment is maintained
- Be responsible for ensuring school policies are upheld including behaviour policies
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
All quoted rates are inclusive of 12.07% holiday pay.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.
your application has been submitted