SEND Teaching Assistant
Specialist College January 2024 Start
A specialist SEND College within Haringey are currently looking for SEND Teaching Assistants to join their team. This innovative college specialises in providing quality-first teaching and support for students aged 16-25 years with a primary diagnosis of Autism.
- SEND Teaching Assistant
- Full Time - Monday to Friday
- 9.00 - 16:30
- £76-90 per day (dependent on experience)
For this role of a SEND Teaching Assistant:
- Experience of working or interacting with individuals with SEND, experience as a Healthcare Assistant or Psychology degree is desirable
- Have previous employed or voluntary work experience within a school setting is desirable
- Be supportive, patient, nurturing, empathetic and friendly
- Display clear and strong communication skills
- Have Grade C or above in GCSE English and Maths
- Have an Enhanced DBS on the DBS Update Service
- Provide 2 references from within the past 3 years
Why choose us?
- When working within Career Teachers, you will benefit from...
- Your personal online lounge where you can update your availability for work
- Competitive rates of pay
- Professional support from our expert team of consultants
- Continued support through all placements via a dedicated consultant
- Free in person CPD courses
PLUS! If you recommend a friend who's looking for a new role, we will thank you with Love to Shop vouchers: £100 Teacher and Teaching Assistant that registers and works for 10 days.
If this role of 'SEND Teaching Assistant' sparks your interest, please apply by contacting Robyn West at Career Teachers. Please ensure your CV is up to date with your correct contact details and presents your experience, ethos and aspirations for this particular role.
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
All quoted rates are inclusive of 12.07% holiday pay.
Benefits of working with Career Teachers
Access to Skills Network
Refer a friend scheme
Affinity Extra - Thousands of discounts on multiple high street shops including coffee and cinemas, plus other benefits and a Health & Wellbeing portal.
These benefits are applicable to those who are working with Career Teachers. You will gain access to the Affinity Extra this portal once you start working with us.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.
your application has been submitted