Starting in September 2021 this is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and confident Primary Teacher. This primary teaching position based in a Primary school in Walsall will provide boundless opportunities to use creative, interactive, and engaging teaching methods that encourage pupils to participate in classroom activities actively and develop cognitive, numerical, and verbal reasoning skills.
As a Early Career Teacher you will have:
- Sound knowledge of a variety of teaching methods and the ability to design lessons.
- QTS - NQT's welcome to apply
- The ability to communicate with and inspire children of all abilities.
- The ability to hold a child's interest and encourage them to be excited about learning.
- A dedicated interest in child learning.
- A dedication to creating the best conditions and environment for learning.
- The ability to work well with others.
- A flexible and open to change attitude.
- A commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Good organisational skills.
As a Primary Teacher you will:
- Plan appropriate and effective lessons ensuring all pupils are learning to the best of their ability. Engaging pupils throughout each class period encouraging them to listen, answer questions and complete set tasks or group work.
- Plan your lessons to meet the national guidance set out by the Curriculum for Excellence.
- Keep up to date with changes and developments to the national teaching curriculum.
- Work with colleagues to plan and coordinate lessons.
- Set up the classroom, organising visual displays and resources.
- Using a mix of resources to enhance pupil's study, motivation and exploration of the lesson topic.
- Teach whole-class lessons, work with small groups and run practical activities using various learning and teaching strategies appropriate for pupils, lesson topic and objectives.
- Motivate your class with enthusiastic and creative schemes of work using different methods of teaching, including group work, whole-class work, demonstrations, experiments and play.
- Direct the work of learning support and Teaching Assistants (TAs).
- Provide a safe and healthy environment following safeguarding procedures.
- Attend meetings, parent's evenings and teacher training programmes.
- Organise school trips, after school clubs, school social activities and sports events.
- Take responsibility for the academic progress of each pupil.
- Consciously set expectations for pupils' discipline and behaviour in the classroom and around the school.
- Challenge and rectify inappropriate behaviour following the school's behavior policy.
- Create a classroom environment where pupils can work together to achieve their learning goals.
- Encourage pupils to research topics themselves, helping and supporting individual pupils as required.
- Setting assignments, projects and tests, carrying out continuous assessment, marking pupils' work and writing reports
- Carry out administrative work, including keeping a register of pupils, updating records and writing reports.
- Set and mark homework recording completion and individual pupil progress.
- Participate in training and development sessions at the school, partner schools or other training organisations.
- Liaise with parents, senior leaders and external bodies concerning progress, behaviour, child protection and health.
How to Apply
To register an interest in this role or to find out more about this job, or other roles we are working on at Celsian Education, please call Sharon at our Birmingham Branch today on 0121 633 4698 or email
Important Notice: In order to apply for the above position all applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, or eligible to apply for a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and professionalism is at the heart of what we do. Applicants are required to attend a face to face interview, reference checks and an enhanced DBS disclosure. Celsian Education is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. All of our employees are trained in Safer Recruitment as standard. It is Celsian Educations policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Celsian Education is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its clients.
All quoted rates are inclusive of 12.07% holiday pay.
Celsian Education are proud to operate the Children & Young People Guarantee, if the quality of work undertaken by someone we place has resulted in a negative impact on children's learning within the school then the client will not be charged.
your application has been submitted