We are looking for a skilled Computer Science teacher eager to help students explore the subject further through creative and inspiring teaching. Ideally you will be interested in long term supply opportunities in Kirklees and Calderdale from September 2021.
You will play a key role in engaging and helping each pupil to achieve their potential combining your knowledge of learning and teaching strategies with your passion for making Computer Science understandable and exciting.
Your role will involve:
- Collaborating with all teachers within department to ensure the ICT Curriculum is delivered to the best level possible
- Ensure all forms of assessment are being utilised so students know how they can improve and where if needs be.
- Attend monthly staff CPD sessions to share ideas of OUTSTANDING teaching
- Implement and follow school behaviour management policy
- Liaise with parents to reinforce partnership between school and home with use of the schools website and visual learning environment
- Ability to step in and cover and other departments when necessary
Essential Qualifications and Experience
- 5 GCSEs at grades 9 to 4 (A* to C), or equivalent, including English, Maths and Science.
- An Undergraduate Education Degree in ICT/Computing or subject knowledge enhancement (SKE) course if your degree is in an area that is not directly relevant to this subject and a Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) or Professional Graduate Diploma in Education (PGDE - Scotland).
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS).
- Previous secondary school teaching experience.
- Great English language and Mathematical skills.
- Fluent level of English, both spoken and written.
If you are looking for a teaching role that demands the application of exciting and engaging teaching skills to bring a subject to life, this is the perfect Secondary Teacher role for you. Apply today.
Important Notice: In order to apply for the above position all applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, or eligible to apply for a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and professionalism is at the heart of what we do. Applicants are required to attend a face to face interview, reference checks and an enhanced DBS disclosure. Celsian Education is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. All of our employees are trained in Safer Recruitment as standard. It is Celsian Educations policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Celsian Education is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its clients.
All quoted rates are inclusive of 12.07% holiday pay.
Celsian Education are proud to operate the Children & Young People Guarantee, if the quality of work undertaken by someone we place has resulted in a negative impact on children's learning within the school then the client will not be charged.
your application has been submitted