Do you have experience in History, Geography or RE? Are you an engaging and enthusiastic teacher? Do you have a strong track record of improving results for students?
We are looking for a Humanities Teacher to join our supply Team from September. Ideally you will be interested in long term supply opportunities in the Leeds area
You will play a key role in engaging and helping each pupil to achieve their potential combining your knowledge of learning and teaching strategies with your passion for making Humanities understandable and exciting.
As a Secondary Teacher you will:
- Plan appropriate and effective lessons ensuring all pupils are learning to the best of their ability.
- Establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects, and communicate those objectives to pupils.
- Plan your lessons to meet the Curriculum for Excellence national guidance.
- Keep up to date with changes and developments to the national teaching curriculum.
- Work with colleagues to plan and coordinate lessons.
- Design and maintain classroom display and resources.
- Adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet pupils' varying needs and interests.
- Plan and conduct activities for a balanced program of instruction, demonstration, and work time that provides pupils with opportunities to observe, question and investigate.
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic and creative work schemes using different teaching methods, including solo work, group work, whole-class work, demonstrations, and experiments.
- Direct the work of learning support and Teaching Assistants (TAs).
- Provide a safe and healthy environment and follow safeguarding procedures.
- Attend meetings, parent's evenings and teacher training programmes.
- Organise outings, after school clubs, school social activities and sports events.
- Take responsibility for the academic progress of each pupil.
- Establish and enforce rules for behaviour and procedures for maintaining order among the pupils.
- Challenge and rectify inappropriate behaviour following the school's behaviour policy.
- Create a classroom environment that learners respect and work together to achieving learning goals.
- Encourage pupils to research topics themselves, helping and supporting individual pupils as required.
- Setting assignments, projects and tests, carrying out continuous assessment, marking pupils' work and writing reports.
- Carry out administrative work, including keeping a register of pupils, updating records and writing reports.
- Set and mark homework, record completion and individual pupil progress.
- Participate in training and development sessions at the school, partner schools or other training organisations.
- Liaise with senior leadership, parents and external bodies concerning progress, behaviour, child protection and health.
- Meet with parents and guardians to discuss their child/children's progress and determine priorities and resource needs.
- Taking responsibility for the progress and tracking the development of all pupil's concerning Humanities feeding this information back to parents and the Head of Department.
- Organise subject outings, after school clubs, exam revision classes or school social activities.
- Perform administrative and supervisory duties such as assisting in school libraries, hall, cafeteria and playground monitoring.
With your considerable subject knowledge and experience of teaching pupil's aged 11 to 16 years, you will be an asset to a school. So, if you are ready to take on a new challenge with this rewarding role, we look forward to receiving your application.
Important Notice: In order to apply for the above position all applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, or eligible to apply for a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and professionalism is at the heart of what we do. Applicants are required to attend a face to face interview, reference checks and an enhanced DBS disclosure. Celsian Education is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. All of our employees are trained in Safer Recruitment as standard. It is Celsian Educations policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Celsian Education is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its clients.
All quoted rates are inclusive of 12.07% holiday pay.
Celsian Education are proud to operate the Children & Young People Guarantee, if the quality of work undertaken by someone we place has resulted in a negative impact on children's learning within the school then the client will not be charged.
your application has been submitted