Starting on 6th September, this exciting opportunity for a proactive and energetic Teaching Assistant (TA) to join the teaching faculty at Ofsted rated good Primary school in Birmingham. Providing you with the chance to work under the guidance of teaching staff, undertaking support programmes that enable access to learning for all pupils.
This Ofsted good primary school in Birmingham, is an inclusive and progressive learning environment committed to engaging and inspiring pupils to want to learn. As a Teaching Assistant (TA) at this Ofsted rated good primary school in Birmingham, you will be responsible for providing learning support to individuals and groups while supporting teaching staff. You will be supporting pupils aged 7 to 11 years (Key Stage 2).
This is the ideal opportunity if you are looking for a learning support position that will challenge you to utilise your knowledge, communication skills and creativity to develop varied approaches that help pupils understand the information presented.
To be a good fit for a Teaching Assistant (TA) role, you will need to be:
- Empathetic and compassionate
- Well-presented and professional
- Positive and motivational.
- Supportive and understanding.
- Trustworthy and ethical.
- Assertive and confident.
- Flexible and resourceful.
As a Teaching Assistant (TA) you will:
- Supervise and provide support for all pupils, ensuring their safety and ability to access learning activities and understand the information presented.
- Assist with the development and implementation of individual education and behaviour plans.
- Establish trusting relationships with pupils and interact with them according to individual needs and personalities.
- Actively promote the inclusion and acceptance of pupils and staff, supporting diversity and ensuring all pupils have equal access to opportunities for learning and development.
- Encourage pupils to interact with the class and engage in activities throughout the lesson.
- Set challenging expectations for pupils to exceed their expectations and achieve learning goals.
- Promote self-esteem and independence.
- Provide feedback to pupils about their progress and achievements under the guidance of the teaching staff.
- Support the use of computer technology in learning activities and develop pupils' competence and independence in its use.
- Accompany teaching staff and pupils on extra-curricular visits, school trips and after school activities, taking responsibility for a group of pupils under the Teacher's supervision when needed.
- Assist with the supervision of pupils alongside other support staff during the first day of a class Teachers' absence.
- 5 GCSEs at grades 9 to 4 (A* to C), or equivalent, including English and Mathematics.
- Level 3 Certificate Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
- Level 3 Diploma in Specialist Support for Teaching and Learning in Schools
- Previous teaching support experience with children within the age range of 5-11 years old
- Fluent level of English, both spoken and written.
If you are looking for a role as a Teaching Assistant (TA) where you can use exciting and engaging teaching skills to enhance a child's learning experience, this is the perfect Teaching Assistant role for you. Apply today.
Important Notice: In order to apply for the above position all applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, or eligible to apply for a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and professionalism is at the heart of what we do. Applicants are required to attend a face to face interview, reference checks and an enhanced DBS disclosure. Celsian Education is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. All of our employees are trained in Safer Recruitment as standard. It is Celsian Educations policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Celsian Education is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its clients.
All quoted rates are inclusive of 12.07% holiday pay.
Celsian Education are proud to operate the Children & Young People Guarantee, if the quality of work undertaken by someone we place has resulted in a negative impact on children's learning within the school then the client will not be charged.
your application has been submitted