Are you seeking a future career in teaching? Celsian Education are looking to recruit Cover Supervisors to work within a cluster of Secondary Schools within the North Birmingham and Sutton Coldfield area's.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced cover supervisor or Teaching Assistant (TA), Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA), sports coach or Youth Worker. If you are looking for a future career in teaching, this is a fantastic opportunity to gain valuable experience within the classroom.
As a cover supervisor, you will be required to deliver high-quality pre-planned lessons to pupils aged 11 to 16 years (Key stage 3 and 4). You will have the flexibility to work when you want during term-time with full and part-time work available.
As a cover supervisor you will:
- Supervise and lead classes in the absence of teaching staff, ensuring pupils safety and ability to access learning activities and understand the information presented.
- Encourage pupils to interact within the class and engage in activities throughout the lesson.
- Promote self-esteem and independence.
- Create and maintain a purposeful, orderly, and supportive environment
- Provide detailed feedback to Teachers on pupil's achievement, progress and any problems that arise.
- Promote good pupil behaviour, dealing promptly with conflict and incidents in line with established policies, encouraging pupils to take responsibility for their behaviour.
- Uphold policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security, confidentiality, and data protection, reporting all concerns to the appropriate person.
To be considered for this role, you will have:
- A minimum of 3 GCSEs at grades 9 to 4 (A* to C), or equivalent, including English and Mathematics.
- Degree level qualification or Higher-level Teaching Assistant qualification
- A minimum of 6 months experience as a cover supervisor or teaching support experience with children within the age range of 11 to 16 years (Key stage 3 and 4)
- You will ideally hold or be willing to undertake an enhanced DBS check on the update service
- Able to provide a minimum of 2 x reference to cover the last 2 x years of your employment and / or academic history.
This is an excellent opportunity to make a real difference in children's education. Your commitment to developing pupil learning ability and knowledge accessibility will make you an ideal fit for this role. Apply today and stand out for all the traits that make you a great fit.
Important Notice: In order to apply for the above position all applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, or eligible to apply for a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and professionalism is at the heart of what we do. Applicants are required to attend a face to face interview, reference checks and an enhanced DBS disclosure. Celsian Education is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. All of our employees are trained in Safer Recruitment as standard. It is Celsian Educations policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Celsian Education is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its clients.
All quoted rates are inclusive of 12.07% holiday pay.
Celsian Education are proud to operate the Children & Young People Guarantee, if the quality of work undertaken by someone we place has resulted in a negative impact on children's learning within the school then the client will not be charged.
your application has been submitted