SEN Teacher Barking and Dagenham
I have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Teacher to join our Teaching Team, to teach across subjects supporting children who have speech and language and communication difficulties.
Newly Qualified Teachers with Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) will also be considered for the role, and support will be provided.
- A supportive working environment in a newly refurbished building.
- Close to a good transport network and on-site free parking is available.
- Small class sizes.
- Support from an enthusiastic and dedicated team of Therapy staff and Teachers who will work alongside you in the classroom. Our Speech & Language Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapist and Arts Therapists aim to maximise each child's potential in a nurturing and supportive environment.
- Opportunities for continued professional development.
- Competitive salaries, generous staff benefits and a friendly nurturing environment.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Confidence, enthusiasm and a passion for learning.
- A relevant teaching qualification.
- Experience of delivering a modified KS2 & KS3 curriculum through multisensory methods.
- Excellent English skills (clear written and spoken English) along with good reading, writing and numeracy skills.
- The ability to build good working relationships with children, teachers, parents and carers.
- Experience of working with children with Special Education Needs (SEN), particularly children on the Autism Spectrum.
- Experience of working with children and the ability to manage groups of children and cope with challenging behaviour are desirable for the role.
- The ability to manage a small group of children with complex social communication needs.
- The ability to promote positive behaviour in a nurturing environment is essential.
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
All quoted rates are inclusive of 12.07% holiday pay.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.
your application has been submitted