We are recruiting a Teaching Assistant for a 'good' school in Redbridge who is passionate about enabling access to learning for all learners. If you are interested please apply asap.
- Full time / Long Term
- Minimum 1 years' experience or relevant qualification
- Pay Negotiable
- Well-established and supportive SEN department
- Havering, London
- September 2020 start date
The school is rated 'good' in all areas in its most recent OFSTED inspection and has improved its progress 8 and overall attainment year on year for the past 3 years. The school is part of a schools trust where education staff enjoy a culture of support and collaboration. Pupils at the school are engaged and eager to learn in a very positive learning environment where staff feel motivated and part of a team. The new senior leadership team are effective and supportive.
The school can offer;
- A supportive SENCO and organised department where staff work collaboratively
- A happy, welcoming environment where children enjoy coming to school to learn
- Friendly, supportive and enthusiastic staff
- Excellent opportunities to further develop your skills.
- A full and comprehensive induction programme is followed for all new staff, including those new to the profession.
The successful candidate will be joining a highly organised department led by a supportive SENCO - the department has created a lovely caring learning atmosphere and committed to the provision of equal accessibility for every student. The successful candidate will have the following;
- Minimum 1 years experience of working with and/or caring for children within specified age range/subject area) or NVQ II or equivalent in teaching assistance
- A secure and up-to-date knowledge of SEND, in particular SLCN, SPLD and ASD.
- Knowledge of the range of support and advice available to parents and students who have SEND, particularly those in bullet 2. Training in safeguarding
- In creating successful strategies that engage students, including those who have fallen
- behind or are reluctant to learn
- Working with and advising teachers to support students, for example in quality first
- Experience working with parents, agencies and professionals who support students with SEND
- Experience working with students who have an EHCP and being able to evidence progress towards outcomes, particularly literacy
- Some experience of supporting students who have more complex SLCN, SPLD and/or ASD needs.
- Motivation to want the best for SEND students and to go the extra mile for them
- Strong level of interpersonal and communication skills, with a high standard of written and spoken English
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritise tasks appropriately
- Ability to reflect and self-improve, delivering excellence
- Ability to remain calm and deal with challenging callers or visitors in an appropriate manner
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
All quoted rates are inclusive of 12.07% holiday pay.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.
your application has been submitted