I am supporting an academy based in Newham to recruit a Sociology Teacher to join a forward thinking and supportive department this January.
- Full-time Permanent
- MPS/UPS Inner London
- Academy rated 'good' by OFSTED
- January 2021
The Academy - Newham
The academy is a on a journey toward outstanding having received an OFSTED rating of 'good ' in all areas following a recent inspection in 2019. It is a mixed 11-18 academy with a growing sixth form. Results at the academy have been improving year on year with the number of students achieving 5+ rising to above 80%. Equally, excellent progress has been made in the sixth form and the successful candidate will be expected to support the schools culture of high expectations in all areas. The academy is located close to Stratford station and Stratford International making it an accessible location. The academy is part of a multi-academy trust and as such has extra capacity to offer new employees a competitive joining package including;
- Above average PPA time and one day off each summer - subject to cover requirements
- Friendly, supportive and enthusiastic staff
- Excellent opportunities to further develop your skills
- Health and well-being package at no extra cost
- Bike to work scheme and more
A full and comprehensive induction programme is followed for all new staff, including those new to the profession.
- The ideal candidate would be a graduate in a relevant subject and possess Qualified Teacher Status / QTLS. You would have successful teaching experience and have a good level of understanding of theory and practice of effective teaching and learning.
- You would have knowledge and experience teaching in Sixth Form College or FE setting but this is desirable.
- Moreover, the ideal candidate would understand the importance of having high expectations for all students, both of behaviour and academic achievement.
- You should have knowledge of inclusive provision and practices which offer equality of access to the curriculum for all students, including special educational needs, English as an additional language and high achievers.
- You would have knowledge and experience of writing lesson plans, developing resources and assessing students work.
- Ideally you would possess the ability to work as part of a team and to develop and maintain professional relationships with other teachers and education staff.
- The successful candidate would be able to create a motivating and safe learning environment for all students while also having the ability to lead and manage your own work effectively and take
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
All quoted rates are inclusive of 12.07% holiday pay.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.
your application has been submitted