This is an opportunity for aspiring science graduates seeking a career in education.
Career Teachers are currently working with a secondary school based in Waltham Forest for the post of Geography Graduate Teaching Assistant
Science Graduate Teaching Assistant
- Full Time
- £75 - £90 per hour
- Excellent benefits and career development opportunities
- Large CO-ED, non-selective school
- Start November 2nd 2020
- Waltham Forest, London
The school is based in Waltham Forest and is a short distance from Leyton tube station - accessible also via multiple bus routes. They are currently recruiting for a number of grad roles at the school. The school is rated 'good' in its most recent OFSTED inspection and the school is incredible proud of its achievements securing a similar rating in all areas! The school continues to improve progress 8 and attainment scores respectively with year on year increases reflecting the ambitious character of its staff and students. The school provides students with a broad and balanced curriculum and an impressive extra-curricular programme to support the social and emotional development of its students as much as anything else. It has a great relationship with the local community and continues to be a popular choice - growing its form entry to 3 this year.
Graduate Teaching Assistants will work with students in 1:1, small group environment and will have the opportunity to work with young people with a variety of SEND, EAL and other learning needs.
What the school and Career Teacher can offer:
- A career mentor - you will have a go to person to support your journey
- A supportive and collaborative team of experienced professionals to support your education career
- Incredible CPD and training opportunities to develop you skills and knowledge as a Teaching Assistant
- Aspiring graduates will have the opportunity to progress to cover supervisor / HLTA
- TA to Teacher opportunities for the right candidates
- A fun and sociable staff
The ideal candidate will:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent and ideally have basic knowledge of SEND and learning barriers
- Ideally the candidate will be confident supporting students with SEN in a lab environment and ideally comfortable when assisting students during practical lessons.
- The ideal science graduate will also have up to date knowledge of best health and safety practice when working in a lab environment.
- Some knowledge of strategies in working with young people with challenging behaviours
- Knowledge of some of the social issues facing students from disadvantaged backgrounds
- English, maths or science degree; desirable but not essential
- Some Experience of working directly with young people and ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with a range of stakeholders, at all levels.
- Ability to manage and be responsible for own workload.
- Enjoy working with students from a range of ethnic backgrounds
- Good literacy and numeracy skills and good interpersonal and communication skills, with an excellent standard of written and spoken English.
- Good administrative and organisational skills.
- Ability to interest, encourage, motivate and engage children
- Ability to work as part of a team; working effectively with people across a wide range of levels and responsibilities.
- Computer literate - must have good ICT skills including a working knowledge of MS packages e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel etc,as well as using and updating records and databases.
- Emotional maturity and resilience in dealing with challenging behaviours.
- Willingness to continue professional development.
- Commitment to maintaining high standards and expectations and commitment to contributing to academy life as a whole.
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
All quoted rates are inclusive of 12.07% holiday pay.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.
your application has been submitted