Patrick is recruiting a graduate for a graduate Teaching Assistant post in an outstanding academy in Redbridge. The post will suit a recent graduate with aspirations of becoming a teacher. Apply now for a January start!
Graduate Teaching Assistant - All degree backgrounds
- Full Time or Part Time
- £16,000 - £20,000 per annum
- Career development opportunities - TA to Teach Programme for aspiring teachers
- Outstanding Academy
- Start January - sooner if possible
- Redbridge, London
- Refer a friend for £130 pound voucher
This academy is part of a multi-academy trust and offers a very impressive career development plan for aspiring teachers. The academy is based in Redbridge and is a short distance from tube and bus stations. The academy was rated 'outstanding' in its most recent OFSTED inspection and is rated in the top 5% of schools nationally. The academy has above average progress 8 and attainment 8 scores which reflects the hard-work and high expectations of staff and students. The academy boasts an impressive curriculum choice for its students and is committed to providing an extra-curricular programme that supports the emotional, social and cultural development of its students. The school is proud of its diverse nature, with more than 50% of students having English as an Additional Language.
Graduate Teaching Assistants will work with students in 1:1, small group environment and will have the opportunity to work with young people with a variety of SEND, EAL and other learning needs.
What the academy and Career Teacher can offer:
- A successful academy with incredible facilities that supports teaching and learning
- A supportive and collaborative team of experienced professionals to support your education career - the SENCO is a passionate and inspirational leader
- Incredible CPD and training opportunities to develop you skills and knowledge as a Teaching Assistant
- Aspiring graduates will have the opportunity to progress to cover supervisor / HLTA
- TA to Teacher programme
The ideal candidate will:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent and ideally have basic knowledge of SEND and learning barriers
- Some knowledge of strategies in working with young people with challenging behaviours
- Knowledge of some of the social issues facing students from disadvantaged backgrounds
- English, maths or science degree; desirable but not essential
- Some Experience of working directly with young people and ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with a range of stakeholders, at all levels.
- Ability to manage and be responsible for own workload.
- Enjoy working with students from a range of ethnic backgrounds
- Good literacy and numeracy skills and good interpersonal and communication skills, with an excellent standard of written and spoken English.
- Good administrative and organisational skills.
- Ability to interest, encourage, motivate and engage children
- Ability to work as part of a team; working effectively with people across a wide range of levels and responsibilities.
- Computer literate - must have good ICT skills including a working knowledge of MS packages e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel etc as well as using and updating records and databases.
- Emotional maturity and resilience in dealing with challenging behaviours.
- Willingness to continue professional development.
- Commitment to maintaining high standards and expectations and commitment to contributing to academy life as a whole.
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
All quoted rates are inclusive of 12.07% holiday pay.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.
your application has been submitted