Do you love working to improve the life chances of young people with SEN and/or ECHP? If so, this school in Havering is for you!
Teaching Assistant (X2)
- £75 - £90 per day (depending on experience)
- Well-established and supportive SEN department
- Waltham Forest, London
- September 2020 start date
Career Teachers are supporting this lovely all-through secondary school in Waltham Forest to recruit a passionate and hard-working Teaching Assistant (x2). The school requires a two TA's with an ability to help students with their speech and language, literacy and numeracy. You may also need to give 1-1 or small group support to pupils.
The School - Waltham Forest
The school is has a strong commitment to improving the lives of its pupils through the provision of an outstanding education and high expectations of its staff and students. The school has been undergoing rapid improvement and has achieved above average Progress 8 and Attainment 8 scores under the direction of a new Headteacher and a deducted Senior Leadership Team.
The school can offer;
- A happy, welcoming environment where children enjoy coming to school to learn
- Friendly, supportive and enthusiastic staff
- Excellent opportunities to further develop your skills.
- A full and comprehensive induction programme is followed for all new staff, including those new to the profession.
The successful candidate will be joining a highly organised department led by a supportive SENCO - the department has created a lovely caring learning atmosphere and committed to the provision of equal accessibility for every student. The successful candidate will have the following;
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- A secure and up-to-date knowledge of SEND, in particular SLCN, SPLD and ASD.
- Knowledge of the range of support and advice available to parents and students who have SEND, particularly those in bullet 2. Training in safeguarding
- In creating successful strategies that engage students, including those who have fallen
- behind or are reluctant to learn
- Working with and advising teachers to support students, for example in quality first
- Experience working with parents, agencies and professionals who support students with SEND
- Experience working with students who have an EHCP and being able to evidence progress towards outcomes, particularly literacy
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
All quoted rates are inclusive of 12.07% holiday pay.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.
your application has been submitted