Are you passionate about supporting students who have SEN and/or ECHP in a caring and supportive department led by an excellent SENCO? If so, this school in Havering is for you!
- £75 - £90 per day (depending on experience)
- Long term opportunity in an outstanding; school
- Well-established and supportive SENCO
- On-going CPD and training opportunities
- Havering, London
- September 2020 start date
Career Teachers are supporting a well-established and thriving secondary school in Havering to recruit a passionate and hard-working Teaching Assistant. The school requires a TA with an ability to help students with their speech and language, literacy and numeracy. You may also need to give 1-1 or small group support to pupils.
The School - Havering
Career Teachers has a long established relationship with the outstanding secondary school in the borough of Havering. The school is a truly outstanding school with a strong commitment to improving the lives of its pupils through the provision of an outstanding education and high expectations. It is a thriving secondary school that is oversubscribed and has achieved above average Progress 8 and Attainment 8 scores.
It prides itself on offering a broad and balanced curriculum at KS3 and KS4, where every child is supported and challenged to reach their best potential and require a committed T.A to support this aim.
The successful candidate will be joining a highly organised department led by a supportive SENCO - the department has created a lovely caring learning atmosphere and committed to the provision of equal accessibility for every student. The successful candidate will have the following;
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- A secure and up-to-date knowledge of SEND, in particular SLCN, SPLD and ASD.
- Knowledge of the range of support and advice available to parents and students who have SEND, particularly those in bullet 2. Training in safeguarding
- In creating successful strategies that engage students, including those who have fallen
- behind or are reluctant to learn
- Working with and advising teachers to support students, for example in quality first
- Experience working with parents, agencies and professionals who support students with SEND
- Experience working with students who have an EHCP and being able to evidence progress towards outcomes, particularly literacy
- Some experience of supporting students who have more complex SLCN, SPLD and/or ASD needs.
- Motivation to want the best for SEND students and to go the extra mile for them
- Strong level of interpersonal and communication skills, with a high standard of written and spoken English
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritise tasks appropriately
- Ability to reflect and self-improve, delivering excellence
- Ability to remain calm and deal with challenging callers or visitors in an appropriate manner
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
All quoted rates are inclusive of 12.07% holiday pay.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.
your application has been submitted