Are you an experienced PA looking for a short term opportunity while searching for something more permanent or long term - do you want to keep you CV up-to-date and consistent? This short term 3 days a week PA role in a lovely Lewisham school is looking for just that.
Personal Assistant (PA) to Headteacher
- Part-Time 3 days per week
- Short Term Contract - 6 Weeks possible extended to 8
- Covering a sick leave
- Must have PA experience
- Pay Negotiable
- September 2020 Start (sooner if possible)
The School - Lewisham
The school has an incredibly long and proud tradition in the provision of education o the people of their local community - hundreds of years in fact. It was recently rated 'Good' by OFSTED and has gone from strength to strength in recent years improving their Progress 8 and Attainment 8 scores. The school is a diverse and inclusive environment with excellent facilities to support you in your job role.
The school can offer;
- A happy, welcoming environment where children enjoy coming to school to learn
- Friendly, supportive and enthusiastic staff
- Excellent opportunities to further develop your skills
A full and comprehensive induction programme is followed for all new staff, including those new to the profession.
- To be the immediate, effective and efficient link for the Headteacher to all the school, to the
Federation, to external agencies, other local secondary schools, and to parents and carers
- To be responsible for diary management, arranging meetings, setting appointments and dealing with associated enquiries
- To be able to produce letters/reports/minutes and other notes and correspondence as required
- To be able to edit and finalise letters to an excellent and high standard including correcting spelling, punctuation, grammar and Federation-specific terminology
- To be able to raise purchase orders and subsequent reconciliation
- To be able to deal with enquiries from parents, members of the public or other external bodies as necessary
- To ensure all complaints and concerns are passed on to the Headteacher in a timely and organised manner, so that priorities are met and resolutions are reached effectively
- To provide support for the governance of the academy by acting as deputy clerk to governor's task group
- To be able to draft minutes for task group meetings
- To be able to work with other members of the cross-federation governance and executive support group to carry out these functions effectively and consistently across the whole organisation
- To be able to organise and service meetings as requested by the Headteacher
- To be responsible for arranging venues and related admin tasks in respect of meetings and conferences, ensuring the necessary papers and documents are immediately available
- To be able to take minutes at meetings and circulate them in a timely fashion
- To be able to communicate with teaching and professional support staff and students in respect of appointments or messages to and from the Headteacher
- To be well-informed about all formal and regular events that the Headteacher must attend including keeping a close eye on timings, venues, travel, dress code, speech requirements etc.
- To ensure the Headteacher is briefed for all meetings with relevant correspondence, documents/presentations and in the Principal's absence refer matter to the relevant member of the Senior Leadership Team for action
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
All quoted rates are inclusive of 12.07% holiday pay.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.
your application has been submitted