Are you passionate about music and working with young people - do you see music as a means to improving a young person's opportunities? If so, this role is for you!
- KS3 and KS4 Music
- MPS 3- 6
- Fixed Term - 1 year - opportunity to extend at the end
- Suitable for NQT/Experienced Teachers
- September 2020 start (or later for the right candidate)
Career Teachers is working with a 'good' secondary school in Haringey, London that is recruiting for a Music Teacher for a long term teaching role, which has the potential to be extended.
The School -
The school has a long established history in providing education to the people of the local community and prides itself on developing the whole student.
Recently the school was rated 'good' with some areas 'requiring improvement' and as such the school seeks am enthusiastic and passionate Music Teacher to deliver a broad and balanced music curriculum at KS3 and KS4 and a very popular musical run at the end of term 1.
The school has numerous incentives including on-going CPD, no meetings last week of term, a bike to work scheme and a catering before parents and open evenings.
- The ideal candidate would be a graduate in a relevant subject and possess Qualified Teacher Status. You would have successful teaching experience at secondary level (can be teaching practice) and have a good level of understanding of theory and practice of effective teaching and learning.
- You would have knowledge of National curriculum requirements at KS3 and KS4. Moreover, the ideal candidate would understand the importance of having high expectations for all students, both of behaviour and academic achievement.
- You should have knowledge of inclusive provision and practices which offer equality of access to the curriculum for all students, including special educational needs, English as an additional language and high achievers.
- You would have knowledge and experience of writing lesson plans, developing resources and assessing students work.
- Ideally you would possess the ability to work as part of a team and to develop and maintain professional relationships with other teachers and education staff.
- The successful candidate would be able to create a motivating and safe learning environment for all students while also having the ability to lead and manage your own work effectively and take
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
All quoted rates are inclusive of 12.07% holiday pay.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.
your application has been submitted