Patrick is recruiting Exam Invigilators for a schools Trust with a number of schools based across East London. If you want to secure work and experience in education then apply now!
- Full Time or Part Time - Temporary
- £10 - £12 per hour
- Education Trust - lots of opportunities for consistent exam invigilation
- Knowledge of JCQ Guidelines an advantage
- Start date - Week commencing 5th of October
- Locations: Waltham Forest, Newham, Redbridge, Havering
- Refer a friend for £130 pound voucher
This is an exciting opportunity to work with young people as they prepare to reach an incredibly important milestone in their life.
What the academy and Career Teacher can offer:
- An induction programme for exam invigilators including CPD and training on applying JCQ guidelines while invigilating.
- A supportive and collaborative team of experienced professionals to support you
- An opportunity to valuable experience working directly with students in an education environment.
The ideal candidate will:
- To support the Exams Officer with the day-to-day operation of examination venues. Activities may include:
- Assisting with setting-up examination venues by laying out stationery, equipment and examination papers in accordance with strict procedures
- Assisting candidates prior to the start of examinations by directing them to their seats and advising them about possessions permitted in examination venues
- Ensuring that candidates do not talk once inside examination venue
- Invigilating during examinations, dealing with queries raised by candidates and dealing with examination irregularities in accordance with strict procedures
- Checking attendance during examinations
- Recording details of late arrivals
- Escorting candidates from venues during the examinations as required, and supervising candidates whilst outside examination venues
- Collecting and collating scripts at the end of the examination in accordance with strict procedures
- Assisting with the preparation of script envelopes
- Supervising candidates leaving examination venues, ensuring that candidates do not remove equipment or stationery from the venue without authorisation and ensuring that candidates leave venues in an orderly and quiet
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
All quoted rates are inclusive of 12.07% holiday pay.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.
your application has been submitted