We are recruiting an experienced Design and Technology Technician for an outstanding school in Haringey. Apply early!
Design and Technology Technician
- Fulltime 36hrs per week
- Long Term - 52 Weeks
- Outstanding School
- Pay Negotiable
- 2nd of November Start
The School - Haringey
The school is very friendly place to work with a rich ethnic and linguistically diverse staff and pupil community. The ethos is inspiring and positive. In three successive Ofsted inspections the school has been judged to be outstanding in every category and exemplary in these. The school is incredibly proud of their success and welcome enthusiastic applicant from all backgrounds.
The college can offer;
- A happy, welcoming environment where children enjoy coming to school to learn
- Friendly, supportive and enthusiastic staff
- Excellent opportunities to further develop your skills
A full and comprehensive induction programme is followed for all new staff, including those new to the profession.
- The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic individual with skills in wood, metal, plastic, graphics and the use of associated machinery and with a good aptitude in the use of CAD/CAM.
- The successful candidate will organise teaching materials, provide assistance in lessons plus manage and order organise resources.
- The ideal candidate ideally would have prior experience in a similar position and have a good level of understanding of theory and practice of effective teaching and learning strategies at this level and be confident in their ability to support their colleagues in the preparation of lessons and resources.
- You should have good knowledge of health and safety practices in this environment.
- You would have knowledge and experience of writing lesson plans, developing resources and supporting the assessment of students work.
- Ideally you would possess the ability to work as part of a team and to develop and maintain professional relationships with other teachers and education staff.
- The successful candidate would be able to create a motivating and safe learning environment for all students while also having the ability to lead and manage your own work effectively.
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
All quoted rates are inclusive of 12.07% holiday pay.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.
your application has been submitted