We are seeking to appoint a Religious Studies teacher for January 2021 in a good school situated in the borough of Waltham Forest.
Humanities Teacher - Maternity Cover
- Full-time (possibility of part time)
- Suitable for NQTS
- KS3 / KS4
- MPS/UPS - Outer London
- Waltham Forest
- January 2021 (possible sooner)
The School - Waltham Forest
The school achieved a good rating in its most recent OFSTED inspection and is on a journey to achieve outstanding in its next inspection. The school has a strong vision for success and is led by an effective and pro-active senior leadership team that supports and collaborates effectively with staff and students. Furthermore, the successful candidate will be joining a supportive and collaborative community in a caring and cohesive environment. Pupil engagement is excellent and behaviour in the school reflects the excellent work being done to ensure expectations are consistent. This is a unique opportunity to join an ambitious and forward thinking school in a well-connected areal of Waltham Forest.
The school can offer;
- A happy, welcoming environment where children enjoy coming to school to learn
- Friendly, supportive and enthusiastic staff
- Excellent opportunities to further develop your skills
- Health and well-being package at no extra cost
A full and comprehensive induction programme is followed for all new staff, including those new to the profession.
- The ideal candidate would be a graduate in a relevant subject and possess Qualified Teacher Status. You would have successful teaching experience at secondary level (can be teaching practice) and have a good level of understanding of theory and practice of effective teaching and learning.
- You would have knowledge and experience teaching in a mixed comprehensive and ideally experience teaching the AQA Geography and History specification but this is not essential.
- Moreover, the ideal candidate would understand the importance of having high expectations for all students, both of behaviour and academic achievement.
- You should have knowledge of inclusive provision and practices which offer equality of access to the curriculum for all students, including special educational needs, English as an additional language and high achievers.
- You would have knowledge and experience of writing lesson plans, developing resources and assessing students work.
- Ideally you would possess the ability to work as part of a team and to develop and maintain professional relationships with other teachers and education staff.
- The successful candidate would be able to create a motivating and safe learning environment for all students while also having the ability to lead and manage your own work effectively and take
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
All quoted rates are inclusive of 12.07% holiday pay.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.
your application has been submitted