Starting as soon as possible, this is an exciting opportunity for an experienced and knowledgeable Secondary Teacher, responsible for teaching DT and Hospitality to mixed ability groups of pupils aged 11 to 16 years (Key Stage 3 and 4).
An Ofsted rated Secondary school in Wandsworth is looking for a dedicated DT/ Hospitality teacher who can develop ideas for lessons and approaches to teaching. Preparing pupils for exams, assessments and the next stage of their academic careers.
This Ofsted rated Secondary school in Wandsworth is an inclusive learning environment committed to engaging and inspiring pupils to achieve their potential . At its heart is the core value of hard work and integrity.
Development and opportunity
This is the ideal opportunity if you are looking for a teaching position that will challenge you to use a variety of teaching methods and new developments in the curriculum to teach a range of year groups, containing pupils of various abilities, attitudes and experiences.
As a Secondary Teacher you will have:
- Sound knowledge of a variety of teaching methods and the ability to design lessons, courses and projects.
- A dedication to creating the best conditions and environment for learning and developing skills.
- A desire to bring out the best in others and ensure they have the motivation to work towards achieving their potential.
- The ability to communicate with, engage and inspire pupils.
- The ability to hold a pupil's interest and encourage them to be excited about learning and their future prospects.
- A dedicated interest in subject enhancement and learning.
- The ability to work well with others and autonomously.
- A flexible and open to change attitude.
- A positive and ambitious outlook and the ability to inspire this in others.
- A commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
- Patience and the ability to remain calm in sometimes stressful situations.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- A positive outlook and ability to inspire positivity in others
To be a good fit for a Secondary Teacher role you need to be:
- Knowledgeable and resourceful.
- Positive and outgoing.
- Supportive and understanding.
- Trustworthy and ethical.
- Motivational and engaging.
- Inspiring and hands-on.
- Energetic and enthusiastic.
- Assertive and confident.
- Empathetic and compassionate.
As a Secondary Teacher you will:
- Plan appropriate and effective lessons ensuring all pupils are learning to the best of their ability.
- Establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects, and communicate those objectives to pupils.
- Plan your lessons to meet the Curriculum for Excellence national guidance.
- Keep up to date with changes and developments to the national teaching curriculum.
- Work with colleagues to plan and coordinate lessons.
- Design and maintain classroom display and resources.
- Adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet pupils' varying needs and interests.
- Plan and conduct activities for a balanced program of instruction, demonstration, and work time that provides pupils with opportunities to observe, question and investigate.
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic and creative work schemes using different teaching methods, including solo work, group work, whole-class work, demonstrations, and experiments.
- Direct the work of learning support and Teaching Assistants (TAs).
- Provide a safe and healthy environment and follow safeguarding procedures.
- Attend meetings, parent's evenings and teacher training programmes.
- Organise outings, after school clubs, school social activities and sports events.
- Take responsibility for the academic progress of each pupil.
- Establish and enforce rules for behaviour and procedures for maintaining order among the pupils.
- Challenge and rectify inappropriate behaviour following the school's behaviour policy.
- Create a classroom environment that learners respect and work together to achieving learning goals.
- Encourage pupils to research topics themselves, helping and supporting individual pupils as required.
- Setting assignments, projects and tests, carrying out continuous assessment, marking pupils' work and writing reports.
- Carry out administrative work, including keeping a register of pupils, updating records and writing reports.
- Set and mark homework, record completion and individual pupil progress.
- Participate in training and development sessions at the school, partner schools or other training organisations.
- Liaise with senior leadership, parents and external bodies concerning progress, behaviour, child protection and health.
- Organise subject outings, after school clubs, exam revision classes or school social activities.
- Perform administrative and supervisory duties such as assisting in school libraries, hall, cafeteria and playground monitoring.
This is an excellent opportunity to make a real difference to pupil's as they progress through their secondary education. Your commitment to teaching and ensuring pupils achieve the most from their academic career is what will make you an excellent fit for this role. Apply today and stand out for all the traits that make you a great fit.
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
All quoted rates are inclusive of 12.07% holiday pay.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.
your application has been submitted