Are you a trainee History ECT Teacher or experienced History teacher looking for a full-time, permanent role starting now or January 2024?
Are you looking to join a popular mixed comprehensive school with excellent resources, facilities and fantastic career progression opportunities?
Are you looking to join an Ofsted 'Outstanding' secondary school with friendly and supportive leadership?
Then, look no further, we have a fantastic opportunity available for you.
About the School:
This fantastic mixed, community comprehensive school based in the outer London borough of Redbridge caters for students aged 11-18. They are looking to appoint an exceptional History Teacher to join their established History department on a permanent, full-time basis from now or January 2024.
This larger than average secondary school have over 2600 students on roll and 800 in sixth form. They are one of the largest secondary schools in the UK.
The school's results are in the top 10% for achievement and progress and you will be working with students with exemplary behaviour, mutual respect and join a school that have a highly inclusive culture and excellent CPD opportunities.
- Permanent History Teacher
- Relevant degree in History or ideally a teaching qualification PGCE, QTS or equivalent.
- Experience teaching History through KS3 and KS4 within a Secondary School as teacher or trainee.
- Full-time, Permanent role
- Ofsted 'Outstanding' graded Secondary school.
- Outer London borough of Redbridge
- Starting now or January 2024
- Immediate interviews available
- Free Onsite parking facilities
- ECTs are also welcome to apply (ECT induction programme for 2 years)
- Excellent rates of Pay: M1 - UPS 3 (£34,514 - £51,179) + Teacher Pension
(Possibility of TLR for experienced History Teachers)
- A teacher must set high expectations which inspire, motivate and challenge pupils.
- Promote good progress and outcomes by pupils.
- Demonstrate good subject and curriculum knowledge in History
- Plan and teach well-structured History lessons.
- Able to teach History through Key stage 3 and Key stage 4.
- Adapt teaching to respond to the strengths and needs of all pupils.
- Make accurate and productive use of assessment.
- Manage behaviour effectively to ensure a good and safe learning environment.
- Fulfil wider professional responsibilities.
- Teachers uphold public trust in the profession and maintain high standards of ethics and behaviour, within and outside school.
- Teachers must have proper and professional regard for the ethos, policies and practices of the school in which they teach and maintain high standards in their own attendance and punctuality.
- Teachers must have an understanding of, and always act within, the statutory frameworks which set out their professional duties and responsibilities.
If you would like to apply to the History Teacher role at this fantastic Secondary School, then please forward your updated CV and cover letter to Natasja at Career Teachers today.
your application has been submitted