Starting in January 2022, this is an exciting opportunity for an experienced and knowledgeable Secondary Teacher, responsible for teaching Drama to mixed ability groups of pupils aged 11 to 16 years (Key Stage 3 and 4).
An Ofsted rated Secondary school in Hounslow is looking for a dedicated Maths teacher who can develop ideas for lessons and approaches to teaching. Preparing pupils for exams, assessments and the next stage of their academic careers.
This Ofsted rated Secondary school in Wandsworth is an inclusive learning environment committed to engaging and inspiring pupils to achieve their potential . At its heart is the core value of hard work and discipline.
Development and opportunity
This is the ideal opportunity if you are looking for a teaching position that will challenge you to use a variety of teaching methods and new developments in the curriculum to teach a range of year groups, containing pupils of various abilities, attitudes and experiences.
As a Secondary Teacher you will have:
- Sound knowledge of a variety of teaching methods and the ability to design lessons, courses and projects.
- A dedication to creating the best conditions and environment for learning and developing skills.
- A desire to bring out the best in others and ensure they have the motivation to work towards achieving their potential.
- The ability to communicate with, engage and inspire pupils.
- The ability to hold a pupil's interest and encourage them to be excited about learning and their future prospects.
- A dedicated interest in subject enhancement and learning.
- The ability to work well with others and autonomously.
- A flexible and open to change attitude.
- A positive and ambitious outlook and the ability to inspire this in others.
- A commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
- Patience and the ability to remain calm in sometimes stressful situations.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- A positive outlook and ability to inspire positivity in others.
- 5 GCSEs at grades 9 to 4 (A* to C), or equivalent, including English, Maths and Science.
- An Undergraduate Education Degree in Maths or subject knowledge enhancement (SKE) course if your degree is in an area that is not directly relevant to this subject and a Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) or Professional Graduate Diploma in Education (PGDE - Scotland).
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS).
- Previous secondary school teaching experience.
- Great English language and Mathematical skills.
- Fluent level of English, both spoken and written.
If you are looking for a teaching role that demands the application of exciting and engaging teaching skills to bring a subject to life, this is the perfect Secondary Teacher role for you. Apply today.
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
All quoted rates are inclusive of 12.07% holiday pay.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.
your application has been submitted