Long term position for September 2019 startAre you an experienced Maths teacher? Would you like a long term position in an outstanding secondary school in...
Job title: Science Teacher
Salary: MPS - UPS (£24,859 - £40, 520)
Start date: September 2019
A good secondary school in Buckinghamshire are working with Career Teachers to recruit a Science teacher to start in September. This is a permanent role and would be suitable for a Canadian NQT or an experienced teacher looking to work in a progressive, forward-thinking school where pupils are extremely keen to learn and behaviour is exemplary.
The role will involve teaching KS3 and KS4 General Science, although the option to teach a specialist subject at A-level is available to the right candidate. The school offers an extensive programme of enrichment activities as part of its timetable, so it is expected that you will be able to contribute to this aspect of the school's life.
The Science department at the school is well-led and consistently delivers outstanding results. Pupils make very good progress in Science and this is due to the fact that the Science staff in the school share good practice and are very supportive of one another. Behaviour is outstanding due to clear and consistent expectations, promotion of the schools ethos and values, and pupils who work exceptionally hard to achieve their goals.
CPD is well-planned, with personalised elements to support teachers at different stages of their career. If you are an NQT, then you will have access to an outstanding induction and mentoring programme throughout your first year.
- Hold Qualified Teacher Status (QTS), after completing a PGCE, Graduate Teaching Program (GTP), Bachelor of Education (B.Ed), QTLS or equivalent overseas teaching qualification
- Ideally have prior experience of teaching across KS3 and KS4 and possibly KS5 (NQTs should refer to their placement experience when applying)
- Be passionate about teaching Science and be able to enthuse pupils through stimulating and interactive lessons
- Have a dedicated and creative approach when planning lessons and delivering learning activities
- Differentiate effectively, ensuring that the needs of all learners are met, including those pupils on the EAL and SEN registers
- Promote positive behaviour and use a range of behaviour management strategies effectively
- Have a positive work ethic, demonstrating a commitment to your own development and a willingness to share good practice
- Create a fun, safe and inspiring learning environment, set high expectations of achievement and support pupils to reach their full potential
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.