Permanent Facilities and Cleaning Supervisor
We are currently looking to appoint a permanent Facilities and Cleaning Supervisor, who is resilient and confident in decision making for a large oversubscribed secondary school in East London.
The individual must be innovative, able to work under pressure, possess an eye for detail and be able to motivate others. This position deals with a wide variety of people and therefore requires sound communication, strong organisation and excellent interpersonal skills.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all members of staff to share this commitment. Enhanced DBS (with list checks) is required for this post.
Permanent Facilities and Cleaning Supervisor
- Large mixed Secondary School based in East London
- Outer London borough of Redbridge
- Onsite parking facilities
- Applicants must be familiar with safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young peoples.
- Enhanced DBS Check will be process for all applicants.
- Working Hours: 36 hours per week, 52.14 weeks per year
- Excellent rates of Pay: £33,351 - £34,341
- Immediate interviews available
- Starting ASAP
The ideal Permanent Facilities and Cleaning Supervisor:
- Able to provide supervision in the provision of faculties staff and cleaning staff, working in liaison with the Trust Services Manager, facilities administration team and Chief Operating Officer.
- Hold a trade or building qualification e.g. CIOB, CITB, City & Guilds
- Hold GCSEs (C or above in Maths English and IT)
- Have Strong leadership and management skills and a proven track record of leading a large team.
- Knowledge and practical experience of Health and Safety
- Demonstrate strong communication skills and the ability to build relationships with key stakeholders at all levels.
- Excellent organisation skills and ability to prioritise and adhere to deadlines.
- Effectively manage staff across multiple sites and locations
Attributes of the Permanent Facilities and Cleaning Supervisor
- Commitment to and understanding of equal opportunities and safeguarding.
- High level of initiative and ability to work independently or as part of a team with a range of staff.
- Reliable, respectful, responsible & conscientious approach
- Committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all members of staff to share this commitment. Enhanced DBS Disclosure is required for this post.
Responsibilities of the Permanent Facilities and Cleaning Supervisor
- Ensure the continuing availability of utilities, site services and equipment.
- Comply with the school's procurement and tendering policy.
- Ensuring the site security for school are consistent with safeguarding legislation and the ethos of the school.
- Liaise with contractors, planned works schedules.
- Developing appropriate monitoring procedures to ensure that the school site is kept clean, safe and in a good state of repair with the facilities team and COO.
- Ensure smooth running of all site events and anticipate need slinked to the school calendars, exams, and results days.
- Ensure daily site reporting site related issues are monitor and managed effectively.
- Manage day-to-day absence and leave to ensure site is adequately supported by the facilities team,
- Supervise the daily work of the faculties team, including maintenance, and repairs.
- Ensure that the school buildings and grounds are clean, safe, and secure.
- Schedule and coordinate maintenance and repair work with the facilities administration team.
- Order and track supplies and equipment.
- Train and develop new facilities team members.
- Inspect the school buildings and grounds for safety hazards. Support the COO with capital and building projects.
- Supervise a team of cleaners in the cleaning of all school facilities, including classrooms, hallways, restrooms, cafeteria, and gymnasium.
- Develop and implement cleaning schedules and procedures.
- Monitor the quality of cleaning and take corrective action as needed.
- Liaise and maintain cleaning supplies and equipment.
- Train and develop new cleaners.
- Maintain accurate records of cleaning activities.
- Comply with all health and safety regulations.
- Work with other school staff to ensure the smooth operation of the cleaning program.
- Support the Trusts Services Manager with other cleaning related activities.
If you would like to apply to the Permanent Facilities and Cleaning Supervisor role in this fantastic Secondary School, then please forward your CV to Natasja at Career teachers today.
your application has been submitted