This co-educational school is set amongst a friendly, safe and beautiful neighbourhood. Over the last 60 years the school has established a reputation as friendly,...
Are you a newly qualified or experienced English Teacher looking to gain experience by working abroad in the amazing city of London?
- English Teacher
- Secondary school
- East London
- September 2018 start
Career Teachers are working with a school in East London who has had a last minute role become available for a hardworking, energetic and innovative English Teacher to join the school's faculty from September 2018.
We are looking for an inspirational teacher who is committed to bringing out the best in every student. The ability to teach to A level is desirable but not essential. Newly qualified teachers welcome.
Teaching and Learning
- Plan and teach engaging and challenging lessons that pave the way for success in school and life
- Meet the needs of all learners by consistently planning and teaching carefully differentiated lessons
- Set and mark appropriate prep
- Use regular, measurable and significant assessments of their teaching
- Complete all reporting on time
- Closely monitor progress and attainment of their pupils and use it to inform teaching
- Provide content for and where necessary deliver high quality pupil interventions with direction from the Head of Department
- Ensure that all pupils achieve or exceed targets
- Maintain regular and productive communication with parents about their child's progress, behaviour and development, including attending after school parent meetings as required
To be eligible for this role you must have the following:
- Bachelors degree in education
- Youth Mobility Visa, Ancestry Visa or British/EU passport
- Be able to supply 2 years worth of references
What Career Teachers offer?
- Up to $1000 flight reimbursement - along with help booking flights and finding temporary and longer term accommodation
- Support setting up a UK bank account and settling into London Life
- Regular social events where you can meet other overseas teachers
- A London travel card with credit!
- A multitude of teaching positions in Primary, Secondary and SEN schools and we will find you the job that suits your availability, skill set and ideals
- Flexible work so you are free to experience London and Europe whilst developing your teaching skills and resume
- UK curriculum training and ongoing support from Career Teacher's highly qualified Training Department
- Excellent rates of pay!
What to expect from London?
- A multi-cultural and diverse city
- Always something to do
- Access to all of Europe
- A safe and easy to use public transport system
- Your very own classroom! London is full of Primary, Secondary and SEN schools that need teachers today!
If you are interested in this position please get in touch with Isabel at email@example.com or free phone 1800 013 938 for more information!
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.