An good secondary school in West London are looking to secure a hard-working Computer Science Teacher for September 2017. This role will be a long...
A friendly secondary school in Ealing, West London are looking to recruit a DT Technician for a long term assignment starting in September 2017. The school have the possibility to start outstanding candidates sooner however this role will officially start at the beginning of the new academic year.
- DT Technician
- West London
- Temp - perm opportunity
- Ofsted 'Good school
- £70 - £90 per day ( depending on experience)
- September start (possibly sooner)
About the school
This secondary school is a thriving and successful 11-18, mixed comprehensive that serves its local community in Ealing. This school is high achieving with 1,200 students attending and a long history of success since 1907.
The school is an Ofsted rated Good school and is truly comprehensive in celebrating their diversity.
An experienced DT Technician is required for a long term assignment starting in September 2017. The successful candidate must have experience doing this role within a school or college setting.
The main duties will include
- Prepare materials and equipment for lessons and projects, including preparation of demonstration materials and resources, and the stocking of classrooms with consumable items across all Technology subjects.
- Organise extra equipment for lessons
- To work alongside the class teacher providing assistance when needed, this will include lessons in all four areas of Technology
- Working with small groups of children on curriculum projects
- To assist the Head of Design Technology with the preparation of wall displays and materials for lessons
- Under the direction of the Head of Design Technology ensuring that all Health & safety requirements are met.
- Carry out weekly Health and Safety checks on all equipment and machinery and report directly to the Head of Design Technology.
- To carry out administrative and other functions related to the smooth running of the department
- To regularly check and maintain equipment and materials, ensuring hand tools are kept in optimum condition and stored correctly.
- To assist the Head of Department in the ordering of materials and equipment.
- To maintain machinery and equipment in accordance with Health & Safety requirements.
To be considered for this position you need to
- Have the right to work in the UK
- Provide 2 years' worth of reference
- In date health and safety certificate
Apply with an up to date CV or call Lauren on 020 7105 3499.
Do you hold UK QTS? Did you know that with Career Teachers is fully compliant with Agency worker regulations ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period? Please ask for further details.
Important Notice: In order to apply for the above position all applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, or eligible to apply for a relevant work visa. Career Teachers are unable to offer a work permit to any applicant or facilitate work permits for any vacancy on behalf of one of its clients. It is Career Teachers policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Agency and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.